Thursday, November 5, 2009

Updated Self-Analysis Post

Having realized that growth as a writer didn't just mean how I grew in relation to how much knowledge about the topic I gained, I decided to post a updated self-analysis post. I realized how similar to essay format I was making my blog posts. At first, I was making sure that all my posts related to each other, and were written in chronological order. However, after reading other blogs on other sites, I realized that the posts do not have to relate to each other as much as they do in an essay. So long as the post related to my overall topic and is written in a logical form, then it would be okay. Consequently, I started writing about anything interesting I found relating to my topic. Since I chose my topic, I consequently enjoyed doing research for my blog.
Throughout the course of my writing blog posts, I transitioned away from an essay-like style of writing, and began to write about anything I happened to come across related to my topic. I developed as a writer in the fact that I realized I didn't have to follow a certain form, I merely had to make sure my evidence related to my argument, either supported or detracted it,
and I presented it in an unbiased way, by showing both sides of the argument. Also, for blogs, evidence can be found everywhere; another blog; a news article; a speech; a convention, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment